Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Valentine's Day Crafting (with the dollar store)

When Debbie of Debbiedoos announced she was going to have a
Dollar Store Valentine's Day crafting party,
 (wow, that's a mouthful)
 I knew that I needed to get my wheels turning. 
I have been a wallflower at too many parties lately, and
I refuse to watch any longer!
 
Off to the Dollar Tree I went. 
Mind you, without a plan in sight.
(why would I ever have a plan?)
 
I walked around the store for a while,
formulating a loose plan. 
I ended up purchasing the following supplies: 


 
 C'mon now. 
You're dying to know what I'm going to do with that orange,
 aren't you?
heehee
  
Well, I got home and set to work.
Still not really knowing what I wanted to do,
I started folding the paper doilies,
just for the heck of it.
 
 
 
 
I grabbed some straight pins
and using that orange like a styrofoam ball,
I pinned all the doilies onto it
and ended up with this:
 
 
 
Pretty cute, huh?
 Much better than that whole
(I know I shouldn't ever bring that up again,
let alone add a link to it!)
 
 
 I'm thinking this might make a pretty
centerpiece for a Valentine's Day
tablescape and you know how much I love
tablescapes!
  
 
 Believe it or not,
while I was folding all those doilies,
I actually came up with another
Valentine's Day craft idea.
I'll share that one with you soon.
 
 Linking to:
 
 
Head on over to Debbiedoos
(I believe the party link will be up
Thursday morning.)
 
 
Enjoy the day, dear friends!
 
 
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

32 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I love the Dollar Tree, but finding items that aren't plastic and cheap looking can be THE challenge sometimes. This looks like it came from a florist. Great job. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to see the tablescape that you will do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute Gina. I haven't come up with a dollar tree craft yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I can't wait to see your Valentine's tablescape. Have a wonderful day!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening Gina, We have the equivalent of the Dollar Store here in England....it is the Pound Shop, but I think I would struggle to finds such lovely items like yours. I love the idea of using the orange instead of a green oasis as it will make the glass much sturdier.
    You have made a very pretty arrangement which will be perfect for your Valentine Tablescape.
    Have a lovely evening.
    Best Wishes, Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! Can't wait to see that tablescape. Enjoy your day, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cute! You did an excellent job. It will looks beautiful in a tablescape. Very creative, Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, Gina! And yes, I was a little mystified by the orange!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering where you were going with this....well it turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet! And what a great idea to use the orange as your base. I think it will make a darling centerpiece. Can't wait to see your tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute! I tell you, the Dollar Tree by me has NOTHING as far as cute decor. :( Going to have to locate another.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina, this is so cute! Gotta love Dollar Tree! Can't wait to see what else you've got!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever idea! I was just recently in the Dollar Store and saw all kinds of neat things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gurl this is fantastic,I also ran out to Dollar Tree and gathered up about $7.of Valentine Goodies,I can't wait to see your other masterpiece.Gonna be fun!!!
    ~Jo @ LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super Cute Arrangement! The white flowers look great! Can't wait to see what you do with next with Dollar Tree finds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute idea!
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.


    M :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Plans are for the weak. You don't need no stinkin' plan. This will look great in one of your tablescapes!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it Gina, those doilies made a gorgeous bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The great pumpkin. LOL. Super cute all ruffly and fluffy :) I must have missed those. Off to the Dollar Tree for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute! I was wondering about that orange. Can't wait to see the Valentine flatware!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling Gina...love the folded doilies. isn't the Dollar store great! I was just there today.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Gina! I love this. You're amazing sweetie. You didn't have a plan? Well, you could have fooled me! I love it and it would make a wonderful centerpiece.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gina, that is so cute!!! The Dollar Tree is really close to my house, and usually I only run in there to get giftbags, and I'm in a hurry and never look for anything else!

    Debbie is probably going to kick my butt if I don't come up with a Dollar Tree craft, but I haven't left the house much lately....these antibiotics are tearing me up! :/

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  24. Clever and so cute! Now I would not have thought to use the orange. I'd have bought a styrofoam ball. Creative gal are you!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  25. What adorable projects from using $1 items, you are so inventive and clever. What a great way to decorate and craft.
    I have got to make the projects you made. First I have to get to $tree and hope they have items you bought. (maybe stop by target to see if they have any great bargains in their $ section. Happy weekend,love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram