Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tortellini Salad

We have a local Italian eatery that makes a delicious Tortellini Salad. I love it & since it didn't seem complicated to recreate, I went ahead & made my own.



Truthfully, I think I came pretty darn close to the original.
I obviously don't have an actual recipe, but I'll tell you what I did.


Tortellini Salad

1 package tricolor tortellini, the refrigerated kind, I used a family size package
1 can of black olives
1 12 oz. jar of roasted red peppers
1 16 oz. piece of mozzarella
1 packet of Good Seasons dressing mix, prepared with EVOO & balsamic vinegar

I cooked the tortellini. You want it to be less than al dente. The package said to cook for 8-11 minutes, I cooked it for 6 minutes.

Drain the tortellini & let cool. I then cut the mozzarella & the roasted red peppers into bite sized pieces. Drain the olives, add them to a bowl with the mozzarella & peppers. Once the tortellini are cool, add them to the bowl as well. Pour the salad dressing over top. Mix it all up. Let marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours. Now eat & enjoy!

Pretty simple really. I would imagine you could add whatever you wanted to this to switch it up to suit your tastes, but I love it as is like the original.



Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

18 comments:

  1. Gina, looks good and very easy to make....

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This salad seems a perfect dinner for those hot summer evenings! Thnx for sharing.
    Would love for you to join in my giveaway.
    Blessings, L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this salad. I have made this also with sundried tomatoes and dressing. A little sweeter but Oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good! It's still early here but my stomach is growling away:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I don't have a recipe for this. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I miss Carbs!! ;-)
    This looks muy delicioso!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so good Gina! Thanks for sharing!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm..so colorful and I just want a taste! You eat with your eyes first and this looks absolutely delicious!! Love that you placed on a red background too! Have a yummy day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That recipe looks really yummy! My family loves tortellini and I am going to try your recipe!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy, looks soooo good and sounds easy to make. Perfect dish for a hot summer day. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the use of the tricolored tortellini. Looks wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course it's easy when you know how to cook and know what al dente means....Gina, I want to come over and eat it, it looks fabulous!!! I'm going to stick to crafting and eat my meals at your house LOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. You inspired me to make this salad today.....I used sun dried tomatoes, fresh zuchinni slices, par boiled broccoli and sliced carrots, fresh parsley...oil, vinegar and a touch of honey dijon mustard.....oh, yes...

    I would be happy to make valences for you any time, it is so easy....go to the site and find the toweling you like, send me the window measurements and we are good to go!!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, Yum! Looks deelish!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gina that sounds sooooo good! Definitely trying this one, thanks for sharing it with us! Martina

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram