Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Witches Book of Spells

Last year, I got my craft on & made a book, but never shared it with you, so here goes. (Warning: I'm no crafting maven.)

I thought it would be fun to make a Book of Spells for Halloween. I bought one of those cardboard type books at Michaels. (or maybe it was Joanns?)

Before:


Then I painted it black & glittered it up because witches need to be glitzy sometimes you know. :)

Next, I made a title on my computer & printed it out. I took a candle & burned the edges to make it look old & worn. I adhered it to the book, along with a cute sticker & faster than you can say "abracadabra"--The Witches Book of Spells!

After:


I added the black crow to make it extra spooky. I have to tell you that my hubby hates that bird! Heehee! It creeps him out. Scaredy cat!
(Oh I shouldn't tease him, it's his birthday today.)

This was fun & easy to make and I think it adds a little whimsy to my Halloween decorating. I think I'll link this up at Debbiedoos's fabulous Before & After Party. To check it out & join in on the fun, see here.



Happy Wednesday!

Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

4 comments:

  1. Oh Gina that is so cute, I love that book, nifty creative thinking there. Thanks for joining me:) Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute idea Gina...I love it. Will have to keep an eye out for those books...A great big Happy Birthday to your hubby. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    Much love,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love it!! What a great project... I wanna make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, WHY exactly DON'T you think you're a crafting maven? This is totally adorable! Great job.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram