Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My very first award


Well look at that! I received my very first blogging award. (insert applause here) The lovely Jen Coen
gave me this award, so thank you, thank you, thank you Jen!
To accept this award do the following:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreative Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.


Now I must tell you 7 things about me (oh I hope I don't bore you with these!)
1. My birthday & my husband's birthday are 2 days apart. The really interesting fact though? We were in the hospital nursery together. My mom even remembers meeting his aunt who was visiting her sister-in-law who had just had a baby. (my mother-in-law) What can I say? He must have been checking me out when he was days old! LOL
2. I have always lived in the same city I grew up in. I didn't even go away to college. I've always been here.
3. I once was a hair model at a show given by L'oreal to introduce their new products to area hair dressers. I remember being given the most beautiful perm I ever had. (no laughing, this was the 80s people!) Now for the real trauma? They cut my hair really, really, and I mean really short afterwards. I was a teenager, it was the 80s, era of the big hair, needless to say I was shocked! As I recall, it looked nice but it was soooo New York City. I remember all the hair dressers telling me it was about 3 years ahead of it's time for our little city in Upstate New York!
4. I gained only 7 pounds while pregnant for my daughter, 6 pounds for my son. At one point, I remember even losing 5 pounds!
5. I have met celebrity chefs Sara Moulton, Paula Deen and Giada DeLaurentiis. I have pictures with all of them.
6. I have met Josh Groban and have a photo with him as well!
7. There were 452 people invited to my wedding. I don't know why but people are always shocked by this. What can I say? Big Italian family?
Whew! Glad that part is over!
I am supposed to nominate 7 of you for this award, but I think I'll cheat and say I would like to give it to each & every one of you because you all deserve it...so much creativity out there! Is that acceptable or will the award police try to defame me? (sort of like Kanye & Taylor Swift, heehee!)
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

3 comments:

  1. You certainly deserve it!!
    LOVE your interestingness... especially number one... that is WAY too cool!! And your wedding... yeah, Mexican families are the same way. I had to 'cut' mine to 300. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina,
    Congratulations on your award. Love learning all those fun facts about you. How cute....you and your hubby were in the same nursery. Talk about fate♥!

    Wishing you and your family a very blessed Thanksgiving.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina and it's so nice to meet you! Congratulations on your award and thank you for visiting me today! I'm sending Thanksgiving blessings your way.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram