Monday, March 20, 2006

A new sense of self

I had to go see my doctor this morning. Thank goodness my sugar levels are within normal range!! I didn't know what I was going to do if she told me I have diabetes. Strangely enough, I left the office feeling as though my health needs to become a higher priority for me. I always say I'm going to eat healthier, exercise and lose weight, but for whatever the reason, I never stick with it. This morning though, I feel differently. I feel as though I have thrown the gauntlet down...I'm ready. I need to do this for me. I may need to read this post over and over again in the coming days, weeks & months, but I do feel it's for real.

On a lighter note, Johnny had his first t-ball game yesterday. I wish I had brought the camcorder, I brought my digital camera (big mistake) and it did not like the lighting in there at all! Anyway, it was possibly the funniest thing I had seen in quite some time. Ok, I'll say it here, God forgive me, but I really thought Johnny would be a "lazy" kid. I don't really know why I felt this way, he's always running around and is quite active, but somehow I still thought he'd be lazy. I was soooooo wrong!! He was the master fielder at 4 years old! No matter where that ball was hit, he ran as fast as his legs could take him to catch it! Now the funny part was that he ran after the ball whether his team was fielding or batting! At one point, he was on 2nd base, the ball was hit toward 2nd base and he catches the ball, and then proceeds to run to 3rd base and then home holding the ball!! Everyone was cracking up, it was so funny!! He even ran to catch the ball when he, himself, hit it!! Ohhh, what a riot!! I wonder how long it'll be before he'll actually catch on to the basics of the game. Right now though, he is just too cute!
Gina
Gina

Welcome! I'm Gina. Like the header says, this blog is all about home, food and life..

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Designer- Linda

Follow Along On Instagram